The SK-73UP is compatible with any Shaw Trav'ler manufactured prior to August 23, 2017. However, if you have a Winegard SK-7002 you need to contact Shaw (888-472-2222) to upgrade your LNB to the required triple xKU LNB before completing this upgrade process
Shaw Direct has recently implemented the third and final phase of its transition plan from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 satellite encoding. This change will bring many exciting new features to Shaw Direct customers, including expanded high definition (HD) programming options, enhanced programming guide functionality, and additional receiver features.
While Winegard strives to build products with longevity in mind, this change will cause any Shaw TRAV'LER (model SK-7002 or SK-7003) system built prior to August 23, 2017 to lose ability to properly identify and lock to Shaw Direct orbital satellites, rendering the antenna non-operable.
There are multiple ways to determine the manufacture date of a Shaw TRAV'LER system:
• Locate the IDU serial number on the bottom of the IDU control box and contact Winegard technical services at 800-788-4417.
• Note: If either the TRAV'LER turret or IDU has been replaced at any point, this number may not be accurate
• Locate the turret serial number by on the existing TRAV'LERs electronics module. This is accessible by removing the existing turret from the transition plate and flipping the turret over. The serial number is located on a sticker on the electronics module with at black arrow pointing at it. See the second page of this document for an example photo.
• Locate the serial number on the front of the TRAV'LER informational packet, if available
• Winegard uses a standard numbering format with an embedded date code for all product serialization. Each serial contains the product model number followed by a tilde (~) and 16-digit serial number.
• The first six digits indicate the manufacture date in MMDDYY format (ie: 110117 would represent November 1, 2017).
Additionally, updated Shaw receivers may be required for post-transition functionality. These receivers include the following Shaw models:
- Essential HD Receiver (HDDSR 600, HDDSR 800)
- Advanced HD Receiver (HDDSR 605)
- Advanced HDPVR (HDPVR 630, HDPVR 830)
- Customers with questions regarding their receivers should contact Shaw Direct by phone at 888-5547827 or by logging on to www.ShawDirect.ca.
- Replacement IDU (interface control Box)
- Replacement ODU(Under turret electronics assembly)
- Box Contents: IDU - ODU with 4 Modified Mounting Screws - 5/16" Nut Driver - 2 Zip Ties