TASCAM DR-40 captures up to four tracks from built-in, high-quality condenser microphones, XLR mic or line inputs. The internal mics are adjustable from XY to AB position, helping you to tailor your recording to the sound of the room, while a pair of great-sounding TASCAM microphone preamps are ideal for condenser microphones with phantom power, recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
The adjustable Mics, four-track recording and extended battery life of the DR-40 give you the flexibility you need to record tracks anywhere.
XLR Mic Inputs Combine with Built-In Mics for Dynamic Studio and Live Recording
The DR-40 accommodates balanced XLR or 1/4" line inputs using locking Neutrik Combo jacks. The DR-40 accepts SD or SDHC cards up to 32GB, and a 2GB card is included.
Once recorded, play back your takes with EQ and the optional Level Align feature to avoid volume jumps. Stereo reverb is also built-in, as well as a speaker and chromatic tuner. Transfer recordings to computer using the USB 2.0 jack. Other features include overdub mode, variable speed playback, limiting and low cut filter, and much more – all with TASCAM's simple-to-use interface. No other recorder makes home or live recording as simple as the TASCAM DR-40.
- Easy file transfer via USB connection to a host computer
- 128 x 64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
- Quick-menu button for easy access to various functions
- Eight menu languages
- Delay compensation function eliminates time lags caused by differences in the distances of two sets of inputs from the sound source
- Adjustable playback speed from 0.5 to 2 times (in 0.1 increments) at 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz
- MS decoding function allows proper stereo monitoring of a mid-side mic configuration
- Automatically creates a new file when the maximum file size is reached
- File divide/delete functions
- Loop/repeat playback
- Resume function retains the last stop point even when the DR-40 is powered off/on
- Jump-back-and-play feature (1 to 10 seconds or 10/20/30 seconds)
- Up to 99 marks (locate points) per track
- Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
- Playlist function
- Chromatic tuner
- Built-in rubber feet reduce the transfer of vibrations from a desktop or table to the onboard microphones